Saturday 18 August 2012

The Hereford Bull


I didn't have time to take a photo of him (and he is very definitely male!) last time I was in Hereford, as I was making a dash for the bus home. Also, the weather was awful. It wasn't much better today, but he looks very handsome outside the Old House, I think.

I was in Hereford for a few things that just can't be obtained in Hay.
The last time I wore my medieval dress (on the day that I had to dash for the bus) I noticed that some of the seams were coming apart. I've mended them, but it also started me thinking that fine linen is not the warmest of fabrics to be wearing outdoors in weather such as we have been having lately. Wool. That's the thing. So I went to look for wool for a new dress at Doughty's and the fabric shop round the back of the Green Dragon Hotel (bonus here is two large and friendly poodles). I was very pleased to find just what I wanted - and at about half the price I thought I'd have to pay - behind the Green Dragon. I also managed to have time for a half of Broadside at the Lichfield Vaults (nectar), and trawled the charity shops for blouses that I could transform into Steampunk costume (think very bright colours and satin - not what I usually wear at all!).
All in all, a very successful day.

And today I picked up some trimmings from Bedecked to go with the medieval dress, because they have a better selection than anything I could find in Hereford.

1 comment:

Emanation said...

That bull is screaming for a yarn-bomb... can you hear him?