Monday 29 April 2013

Bin Bags

I happened to be at home when the bin men came round last week. They were giving out this years allocation of the purple bags for non-recyleable rubbish.
That's three rolls of bags per household.
I still have about half a roll left in my cupboard, which should last me another year, so I said thanks, but I only wanted one.
"But it's your allocation!" he said, trying to make me take them.
"But I will never use them," I said. "What's the point of filling up my cupboard with plastic bags I will never use? And next year you'll bring me another three...." I still have a roll and a half of black bags from before the system changed - which I have no use for either.
"You'll have spare ones for people who need more," I said, and eventually persuaded him to take the unwanted bags away. It did make me wonder how many more unwanted rolls of bags are out there, cluttering up people's kitchen cupboards.

1 comment:

WrongSideOfTheBorder said...

You could always sell them to people who live on the English side of the border...Herefordshire Council has stopped issuing free bin bags in an attempt to save money.