Thursday 4 April 2013

Textile Market

Some of my friends from Stitch and Bitch are sharing a table at the Clifford Textile Fair, up at Clifford Community Centre on Saturday (I wimped out because I didn't have anything much ready to sell this time). There will be scarves and hats and mittens and crocheted bunting and all sorts of other things - I don't know what the other stalls will be selling!
We got together earlier this evening - First Thursday of the month is always Stitch and Bitch night at the Swan (from 6pm to 8pm, or thereabouts), and final preparations were being made. Meanwhile, Emanation was teaching a new member who lives in Talgarth how to make crocheted hearts and leaves - they met at the Feminist group at the Globe one Sunday morning. I was finishing off the embroidery on my new medieval dress, having panicked slightly when I realised there's only a month to go before my first show of the season (at Droitwich), and another lady was starting a lacy purple cardigan.

No comments: