Sunday 28 April 2013

What I Missed Last Week

Sadly, I can't be everywhere at once, so I missed the celebration of forty years of the WI stall on Hay Market on Thursday. George the town cryer was there to shout about it, and Karl Showler had come over from Brecon - his wife Betty was the organiser of the stall for many years. They all got on the photo in the B&R.

On Friday, it was the first birthday of the St David's Hospice shop by the Buttermarket. They had wine, and cake, and balloons. In one way, it doesn't seem as if they've been there five minutes, and yet at the same time it seems as if they're really quite well established, so I was surprised they've only been there a year. However, I missed that one because the flyer I was given said the date was in July!

On Saturday was the second car boot sale of the year down at the school - and I was off in Builth Wells at Wonderwool all day, thoroughly enjoying myself!

No comments: