Saturday 1 June 2013

Festival Saturday

The Artisans of Hay were in the Buttermarket today, including the chap who carves things out of old bricks. I got a brick heart to put on my dog's grave, though now I've spent some time handling it, I may keep it in the house and get another one for the grave.
I also passed Alan Cooper and his friend busking, (fiddle and guitar), and got the second of their CDs, A Day in the Studio, with lots of traditional music. While they were playing, giant bubbles were floating up the street from the bubble making shop. It was all very festive.
Up at the Castle, a wood carver was chatting to passers by about his tools, and there was some gorgeous walnut furniture in the old stable. Craftspeople from Herefordshire were dotted about the grounds - I did like the baskets on the terrace overlooking the food stalls.
In the afternoon I joined my neighbours in a table sale outside our houses - I sold enough bric a brac to keep me happy, but it was the clothes that were really going well, and it was very pleasant to sit out there and chat.

No comments: