Sunday 13 May 2018

Clothes Moths!

So I have a small infestation - fortunately I noticed the little so-and-sos fluttering around quite quickly.
The place they had taken up residence was the big basket stuffed with my medieval spinning and weaving supplies, including raw fleece and hand spun wool.
So, all that had to go.
I haven't actually used the contents of the basket for some time now - I think the last time was around the Agincourt 2015 festivities - as the group I used to belong to has disbanded/moved to Scotland. But I still had the thought in the back of my head that, if a medieval spinster was needed, I was ready!
The clothes moths forced a decision, though - realistically, I'm probably not going to be doing any medieval spinning or weaving in the near future, and maybe it's time to sort out the spindles and de-clutter a bit.
When I was demonstrating, I also had a variety of natural plant dyes that I showed to people, and I've already managed to find a good home for them where they will actually be used for dyeing. Annie, the lady who spins in the Cheese Market, was happy to have them - madder and woad and dyers' greenweed and St John's wort and dyers' chamomile.

No comments: