Tuesday 23 October 2018

A Weekend Away at FantasyCon

I've been away for the weekend, in Chester, to attend FantasyCon. I didn't go to EasterCon this year, and I needed to spend some time with my Tribe - authors and academics and people who run small presses and publish magazines, and who can make obscure film, TV and book references safe in the knowledge that almost everyone in the room will understand them without any need to explain.
I had the most wonderful time, met some amazing people, and now I'm really, really tired. Everything went really smoothly over the weekend right up to the moment I got back to Hereford yesterday evening - when the T14 was half an hour late. In fairness, the traffic in Hereford was appalling, and the students who were waiting to go home didn't seem too concerned, so I assume they're used to delays of this sort. Half an hour after we all got on the bus, though, we'd still only got as far as Asda....
I'll be blogging in more detail (much more detail!) about the Con over on Morwenna's Tower, and I'll be back to talking about what's going on in Hay on Thursday.

No comments: