Monday 8 October 2018

Singing Together About a Cowboy

Huw Parsons invited me to do some more singing for his podcast - check out huwspodcast.wordpress.com for the finished result.
He took me over to Clyro Church, which has lovely acoustics, and I brought out the booklet the Wild West. I've sung one or two songs from it at the Baskie on Wednesday nights, and Huw particularly liked The Lone Cowboy, which I don't suppose has been sung many times since it was used on the BBC radio schools programme Singing Together in 1971. All the songs in the booklet were specially written for the BBC by Paul Townsend, with the music written by Michael Rose.
We sang one or two other songs while we were there, which was a lot of fun, but this is the one he chose for his podcast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This man's voice is absolutely terrible but well done to you Lesley.

Eigon said...

He did ask for us to sing that song together particularly, and he was enjoying himself!