Saturday 12 January 2019

Hay Camera Club

I went into the Blue Boar yesterday, to have a half of London Pride while my washing was in the launderette The wash takes 26 minutes, which is just about the right time for me to drink a half pint of beer while reading my book in comfortable surroundings.
While I was there, I noticed a new leaflet for Hay Camera Club.
When I first came to Hay, the Camera Club met above the Cheese Market, in what is now the holiday flat, but they haven't been there for years, and I'd kind of forgotten about them.
Now they meet every Tuesday at the Masonic Hall on Brecon Road from 7.30pm, and they have an impressive programme of events planned from January to April.
Next Tuesday, for instance, there is an Ask The Panel session, with an expert panel answering questions on anything photographic, and the following week Roy Carr is the presenter of Images of a year in the life of a Sheep Farmer.
They also run competitions, and compete with other clubs.
They are a mixture of expert photographers and complete beginners, and everything in between, and welcome visitors.
Sessions are £5 to non-members, including tea and coffee - and sometimes home made cake! There is an annual subscription for members.
They even have a website (with some gorgeous photos on it) at www.haycameraclub.co.uk

No comments: