Sunday 16 July 2023

Russell Brand's Community

 There's a festival going on across the river at the moment.

I have to say, the advertising for it passed me by, so I only knew it was happening when the tents started to go up.  

There was a festival last year, with Russell Brand as the main guest, and it was so successful that they're doing all again this year.  I've just been chatting to a neighbour, and she tells me that Russell Brand comes over as a really nice man in the flesh, and he's been wandering round the site chatting to people all weekend.  I've seen a few people wandering around town wearing plaited cords around their necks with a tassle, which I assume is something to do with the festival.

Also, it's apparently a vegan and alcohol-free festival - being all about wellbeing, spirituality, healthy living and our environment.  There's music, and yoga and meditation and massage on offer, as well as Brazilian jui jitsu, talks on everything from guerrilla gardening to sacred activism with Satish Kumar, stand up comedy with Paul Foot, ecstatic dance, circus events, and craft workshops. Omid Djalili, Wim Hof, Dr Vandana Shiva and Ryron Gracie are among the speakers.

No comments: