Wednesday 20 June 2012

Open Mic - Globe or Kilverts?

Since the selection of beers is far better in Kilvert's, I went down there last night to see who would turn up for the Open Mic. Also, Eddie has a keg of Queboid from Hardknott brewery on, an 8% Belgian style beer, and I wanted to have another taste of that. Yes, it's keg, and it's good!
First there was the football game on the big screen - which England won. Wayne Rooney scored, and they play Italy next - and I know nothing more than that. I'm not even sure who England were playing!
There were a few new faces to me there - some girls with really good voices, and guitars and a lad with a fiddle. There's a Scottish book dealer who goes along when he's in town (if he can stay awake that long after a 5am start), and he sang a Scottish folk song - and I sang Lily the Pink in Latin (translated by my old Classics teacher). It was all acoustic, and very informal, and a lovely evening.

No comments: