Friday 26 February 2021

Walking the Lanes

 It's been quite pleasant weather for the last couple of days, so I've been going out for walks - just short ones, to begin with, but by the time spring has really sprung I should be ready for something a bit more energetic.

Yesterday I did a loop around Nantyglasdwr, and today I went up Nantyglasdwr and then up to the Michaelchurch turning, looping back to Cusop Church and back down into Hay.  The views out to the hills were glorious, and two buzzards were circling over Nantyglasdwr Farm.

When I got  to Cusop Church I was going to mooch around the churchyard for a bit, but cars were arriving for a funeral.  The vicar was out by the car park, in thick black cloak and black mask, greeting people, and as I started down the hill, some more people in black coats were walking up.  A little further down, I met the hearse going up the hill.

From there I cut across the fields from Rosedale to the bottom of Hay car park, which was fine right up to the area around the gate, where I finally got my boots really muddy!

No comments: