Saturday 20 November 2021

Two Jumble Sales!

 An abundance of riches this morning!

First of all I went down to the school, where there was a jumble sale in aid of the Keith Leighton Fund.  This is a Neurological charity founded by Keith Leighton's wife Sheila after he died of a brain tumour.

Bigger things for sale, including furniture, were scattered along the corridor into the school, and the school hall was full of stalls, as well as a small area for the inevitable tea and nibbles.  I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but my eye was caught by some stuff on the toy stall - a big Thunderbird One (seriously, it's about 14 inches tall!  Or about 35cm.), Thunderbird Two (bigger than the one I already have) and Thunderbird Five, the space station.  The lady at the stall threw in a Virgil Tracy figure with one leg, poor chap.

I am just a big kid really.

Then I headed to the Parish Hall for the Dial-a-Ride Christmas fair.  This was a lot smaller, but with more room for teas - and there was entertainment.  A local ladies' choir were singing round the piano at the far end.  I found some books there.  Because I always look at the books.

No comments: