Friday 18 February 2022

Social Housing

 I took advantage of the sunny gap between Storms Dudley and Eunice yesterday to walk over to Clyro.  A friend had told me about the new houses that Powys County Council are building for social rent.

The County Council have a commitment to building 250 homes for social rent as part of a scheme called Vision 2025.  This is for the whole county, and 13 of them are being built in Clyro.  This is in the area between the Castle mound and the main road - the older buildings in Clyro are on the other side of the main road.

They were due to be finished last August, but Covid has meant that the work slowed down.  They seem to be pretty well along with the building work, though, so maybe they'll be finished by this August.

The homes range from one bedroom flats to four bedroom houses, and they look lovely, with wood cladding on the walls.

I was also pleased to see that the buildings are low carbon and energy efficient.  There are solar panels on the roofs, too.

I would have taken photos, but I forgot to pick up my camera when I went out!

No comments: