Friday 8 April 2022

Steampunk Day at the Waterworks Museum

 Tomorrow the Waterworks Museum in Hereford are holding a Steampunk day, and I was thinking of going along.  I really enjoyed the events when I went before, with all the costumes, and someone playing the Doctor Who theme on a musical saw, and interesting things to buy, and juggling and a chap putting on a one man play out of a little caravan made up to look like a submarine....

But the bus timetables have changed, so that I would have to go into Hereford either at 6.39 or 10.39 (so, incredibly early with a few hours hanging around until they opened, or an hour later than the bus used to be before the pandemic) and I would have to come back to Hay either at 2pm or 6pm.  So I'd have about an hour there (since I also have to walk out to the Waterworks Museum and back - it's a long way) which is too short, or be there until the early evening, which is too long, when I really ought to be doing other things back at home.

There is no bus back to Hay between 2pm and 6pm.

So, I hope the Steampunks have a brilliant time, and maybe I'll be able to go another time, if the buses change their timetable to be more convenient.


No comments: