Friday 21 October 2022

Eating Out at the Blue Boar

 The first evening that my sister and her family came to visit, we decided to treat ourselves to a meal in Hay.  As we walked up throught town (it was a Monday) we found that Tomatitos and Kilverts were both closed, but the Blue Boar was open, so we went in there.

The new menu is a little bit pricey, but the portions are generous, and we all enjoyed the meal.  The teenager had a cheeseburger and fries, Peter and I had the Italian meatballs, and my sister (who has a cheese allergy) had the venison bourguignon.  They are not real ale fans, so stuck with the Stowford Press cider and Perroni, and I drank Timothy Taylor Landlord, which was very good.

Strange to think that, the first time I took the family out to eat in Hay, the teenager was a toddler, and now he's old enough to drink alcohol!

No comments: