Monday 10 October 2022

EE Phone Mast

 The EE mobile phone network has been down in the Hay area for about a week now, and as far as I can see, there's still no signal.

To be honest, I didn't notice for the first couple of days, but then I saw people talking about it on the Hay Community Facebook page.  Some of them said that they'd contacted EE and got a discount, but the only way to contact EE seemed to be by phone.  I only got a mobile because there is no landline to my new flat, and I can't phone from work - some people said they'd had to stay on the line for an hour before they got sorted out.

So this lunchtime I went into the EE office in Hay, to see if they had a way of contacting EE that we lesser mortals don't have access to.

It seems that they do not.  The only advice they had was to phone EE - all they do is sell the products.  They aren't able to pass information from customers back to EE.  When I explained that I couldn't phone EE, the only suggestion they could offer was that I should borrow someone else's phone.

It isn't the fault of the girls in the office - the fault lies with EE, who should have given them some information to pass on to customers.

Talking about this later to my colleague at work, she said that she is with Three, and they don't have a signal either, and a passing customer said that he's with BT, and he can't get a signal, either - so it isn't even as easy as borrowing someone else's phone!

So that's the situation at the moment.

4 comments:

johnp said...

When the signal returns, ring them and claim for loss of service, depending how you pay they should give you credit for the mast down time.

Eigon said...

Thanks - that's what I'm intending to do.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know why the 'mast is down' and how long it's going to be before the service is up and running again?

Eigon said...

See my next post!