Monday 30 October 2023

Bongo Drums at the Red Cross Shop

 When I went into the Red Cross shop the other day, the manager was sorting out some children's musical instruments that had just been donated - and she was playing a set of bongo drums.  "These are proper drums, not kids' toys," she said.  "I'll have to do some research on what to price them."  

She went on to wonder why people always came in with donations at times that the shop was busy - last week was half term, and some of the volunteers couldn't come in because they were with their families, and they had loads of donations that needed to be sorted through, but almost none the week before, when the shop was quiet.

Then, as I was heading for home, I met Catherine.  I went down to the Bean Box to give her some knitting moral support a while ago, and now she has finished her scarf!  We're going to meet up sometime soon so she can show it to me.

No comments: