There was a time when I would deliberately avoid concerts with a classically trained singer with piano accompaniment - but I really enjoyed this one, possibly because I know the singer and the pianist.
Lucy Green and Rosemary Firmin gave a wonderful concert at St. Mary's, which was free, with a retiring collection in aid of church funds. Lucy sang in French, German and Italian, from a wide variety of composers, and Rosemary also played a couple of pieces for piano, one of which was by Clara Schumann. There was also an excellent choice of cakes and drinks at the back (they really do work hard to make the concerts a success). I enjoyed the lemon drizzle cake.
There will be another concert on Saturday 22nd August which tells the story of Robert and Clara Schumann. Rosemary will be on the piano again, and she will be joined by Birgitta Claus, narrating, and Steve Goodridge, narrating and singing tenor.
The tag line on the poster is "Passion, determination, tragedy and beautiful music!" It sounds fascinating!
The concert will start at 3.30pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment