The latest exhibition at the Castle is an open exhibition - so all sorts of art has been entered for it, from amateurs and professionals alike. There were quite a few familiar names on the list of exhibits from local artists. There are paintings of landscapes, abstracts, collages (Barbara Shaw has contributed one of her sheep portraits), felt, pottery, metalwork and wood, so there's a great variety to enjoy.
I wasn't taking notes, so I forget names, but I particularly liked the big landscape on the wall by the door (which has a sale price of £1,300, and worth every penny) and the giant moth on the wall facing the windows. Sue Hodgetts mentioned the exhibition at a meeting of the Cusop Castle Research Group the other day, and said that her husband Keith has a picture in it - it's called Go West, and it's very good.
A few of the paintings have overflowed into the area outside the exhibition hall, next to the marble run mansion, which is still fascinating visitors.
Downstairs, when I visited on Saturday morning, the quilt making ladies were busy at the table in the corner. I have been meaning to join them, but the creative part of my brain is full of historical research at the moment, with no room left over for crafts!
No comments:
Post a Comment