Thursday 11 January 2007

Power Cut

When I took the dog out for her usual morning walk, I didn't notice anything unusual until I got to Spar. They had a notice on the door saying they were closed because of the power failure in Mid Wales. Then I started to notice that other shops were in darkness.
Back at home, sure enough, no power, and no radio either, even on my little battery radio.
Judith rang me from the Children's Bookshop to ask if there was power in Hay - her shop and house are a little out of town, so she thought it was just her power that was out at first.
It didn't affect my day too much - it just meant I didn't have any music while I painted the window ledge, and the power came back on at about 4pm. I have nothing but admiration for the engineers who go out in the wind and the rain to fix things.
The first thing I did was have a cup of tea. The second thing I did was go online.
Meanwhile, the wind and the rain continue.

No comments: