Saturday 20 January 2007

Spring is in the air?

Out on the Warren this morning with Islay and Alfie, I saw the first primroses of the year. They were in a pretty sheltered spot, but they're very early all the same.
Later, I decided to attempt the launderette again - always a good thing to do when I have two dogs with me. I can give them a half hour walk while the washer is going, and another twenty minute one while the dryer is on. This time we went up the Offa's Dyke Path up Cusop Dingle as far as the point where a side path leads past cottages onto the road up Cusop Dingle - and there were periwinkles in flower against the stone wall there. Again, they were sheltered, but terribly early - and the forecast is for the weather to turn colder very soon.
The machines in the launderette worked for me this time - but three out of the five washing machines are out of order.

No comments: