Saturday 6 January 2007

Time to chat

It took me half an hour today to get from the bus stop to my house, normally a five minute walk.
First I had to pop into the Wool and Willow shop to see Joyce, to tell her that I'd booked the back room of the British Legion for Thursday 11th Jan, when the Stitch n Bitch group will be meeting again. We've been meeting in the shop up to now, but it's long and narrow and we end up sitting knee to knee - and if more than eight people come, we're in trouble! The room at the British Legion is free of charge as long as we buy drinks at the bar, and there's a side door for anyone with mobility problems, with no steps.

Then I was beckoned into The Bookshop (by the chemist's) by Jackie. Could I help with her daughter's art homework? Ros started at the Cathedral School in Hereford this year, and seems to be really enjoying it. She needs pictures of gargoyles. We agreed in the end that the best thing to do would be to visit Kilpeck Church, which is famous for its carvings.

No comments: