Saturday 14 July 2007

Feedback - and the Music Festival

I took Islay for an early evening walk, up by the Castle and round the car park.
After the unrelenting rain of yesterday, we've had warm sunshine, and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere in the Castle grounds for the Music Festival. I could hear a band playing all the way up Backfold.
Down at the bottom of the car park, I came across the lady from Fleur de Lys antiques, dropping off some recycling. "Do you have a blog?" she asked. "I thought it must be you - I had a customer in today from London and she said she'd read about me on the Internet! And I'll tell you who else reads it avidly - the lady who's bought Booths."
One day I'll work out how to put a Stat Counter on here, and then I'll know how many readers I get.

Meanwhile, Ricki is selling his van. He's been driving it around Hay as long as I can remember, a big white thing with a green stripe down the side, and a cow bell clanging at the front. At the moment it also has signs up around it saying "Designated smoking area" and "Quiet, Performance in Progress". Maybe he's settling down at last.

No comments: