Friday 27 July 2007

Grand Opening of the Three Tuns - a triumph!

I wandered over on Wednesday night at about 10 past 7, thinking that it would still be pretty quiet.
It was three deep at the bar! And I'd missed Lucy pulling the first pint, which was a shame. There were plenty of other familiar faces in there, though, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Looking round, I'd estimate that there were at least 150 people in there - and the original bar was crowded with 10!
I saw Tim the gardener sitting out on the patio with his guitar - he was one of the old locals, and he used to bring his guitar along then, too.
They start serving food on 1st August, and when my young man comes to stay, I'll take him over there to try it out. The nibbles that were being passed around were certainly very nice.
I left fairly early, and later on I noticed that I couldn't really hear any noise, even though the place was still packed. It was really quite odd to see people through the upstairs windows.

No comments: