Monday 21 April 2008

"Important Developments"

A couple of days ago, a lady I know from dog walking came and knocked on my door (so of course, I know the dog's name, but not her's). She was looking for someone to look after the dog while she went away for a few days, as the person who usually did it had let her down. I suggested a couple of names of people who might be able to help - I couldn't do it myself.
"I'm not going away for enjoyment," she said. "But there have been Important Developments. You know what I mean, don't you?"
I did know. About twenty years ago, her son was murdered in London, and she's been pestering the police, and our MP, and anyone else who'd listen, to get the case solved, ever since.
Tonight, I found out what the Important Developments are. I heard the news on Radio 2, about the murder of Daniel Morgan, who was found in a pub car park twenty one years ago with an axe in his head. Five people have now been arrested in connection with his murder, one of whom was his business partner.
I hope that this turns out to be the resolution his mother had hoped for.

No comments: