Tuesday 7 April 2009

Books4Looks

As I passed by Shepherds yesterday evening, I saw Marijana waving to me from where she was chatting to a group of people. Shepherd's isn't normally open that late in the evening, but yesterday they were holding a reception to launch the new exhibition of Books4Looks, a method of displaying interesting and beautiful book covers as works of art. And you can still read them, too.
Marijana did this in her shop in Backfold last year, but needed a new venue this year as she gave up the shop some time ago. I'm not sure of the name of the artist she's working with, but it's a welcome change from the floral fabric fish tails which formed the window display of the last exhibition at Shepherds (I kept looking at them as I went past and thinking "But what are they for?" Which I'm sure wasn't the point, but that's just me).

No comments: