Monday 6 April 2009

Friendliness

On Friday, I went into Hereford to meet my young man. I took Islay with me - she likes going to different places, and she loves going on the bus.
We picked up pork rolls from the butcher's round the back of All Saints, and a coffee from one of the outdoor cafes on the square. While we were wandering around, at least four different people came up to make a fuss of Islay, and have a chat - mostly telling us about their pets, and asking what medication Islay is on for her arthritis, that sort of thing. Islay took it in her stride, and accepted the fuss as her due, and I chatted to the people who came up to her. It's quite normal in Hay, so I wasn't surprised that it happened in Hereford, which is also a friendly place.
Mark looked on with mild amazement. "This would never happen in London," he said. "Anyone doing that in London - you'd think they were a nutter!"

No comments: