Thursday 27 August 2009

Anarchist Knitters in Town!

At least, that's who I think they are!
Little pieces of crochet are appearing all round town, on hand rails and benches, and wrapped round one of the posts of the new shelters in the Honesty Gardens. There's a little plastic tag attached to each one with a picture of a ball of wool and 3 knitting needles shaped like an 'A' on one side, and a website address on the other - which I can't find now I go looking for it, but is http://www.yarn-craft-revival.blogspot.com
I imagine they take photos of their handiwork and put them on the blog, so it's a pity I can't see for myself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Hey, perhaps they could knit a few signboards too?
(P.S.I can't get that site either.)

Jenn B said...

No pictures on the website. Looks like its a local resident responsible for the "yarn bombing", hoping to inspire a yarn craft revival. Wish I knew who was responsible, as perhaps she could teach ME to crochet or knit....

Arthur's Dad said...

Lesley, I had another look at the Anarchist Knitter's tag and the correct address is www.yarn-craft-revival.blogspot.com

Lovely knitted and knotted wooly grafitti. They're described as Works of Heart.

Anonymous said...

Its www.yarn-craft-revival.blogspot.com by the way, and you can vote for the movement too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Thje correct link is below
http://www.yarn-craft-revival.blogspot.com/

Stephen
South Africa

Eigon said...

Now it works! Yarn Bombing Hay-on-Wye!

Emanation said...

Hi All, I hope you have all managed to access my blog now as it seems that some of you couldn't. I am glad you are all appreciating my efforts, it only spurns me on to do more!

And not to give my identity away too soon, I know a one of you..... I have emailed Arthur's Dad to comment on his website so he knows my name but I hope he too will keep you all guessing a little longer, I hadn't anticipated how much fun the anonymity would be!

Keep your eyes peeled.... it may be HCB soon if I can get away with it!

And to put the record straight on one thing I predominantly crochet, only adding knit to my free-form stuff so if anything I am an Anarchist Hooker (hee hee).

Good health and happiness to you
all,

Yarn Craft Rebel