Monday 10 August 2009

Things to do on Saturday

I see that Anvil Productions are coming back to the Castle with their production of the Tempest - first performed here during the Festival. I really enjoyed it when I went to see it with Islay.

And as Shakespeare isn't to everyone's taste, the '2 Stubborn Women', Jo and Annie, are holding an Arabian Nights evening at Jo's house, with Moroccan food from Mata Hari's kitchen (I never knew she was into food - I thought her talents lay in a more horizontal direction!). There'll also be belly dancing and an Arabian souq - and Arabian cocktails. This is to raise money for the Macmillan Nurses and the North Wier Trust - further details available from the Wholefood shop.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Eigon. I've finally worked out who you are, after visiting CL for the first time in ages! Thanks for visiting my blog and I'm enjoying the sign saga too :)

Take care

Kim x

Eigon said...

Passing through the Castle last night, I noticed that Richard is using the performance as an opportunity to make a speech about the Winter Economy.
There will also be a free glass of wine provided.

The Duke of Milan said...

No speech from His Majesty last night but a splendid evening seeing the Anvil Production cast performing The Tempest. Prospero was magnificent, Caliban was high camp, Miranda was Monroe incarnate, and the wonderful Ariel would not have been out of place playing keyboards for Duran Duran! A lovely summer's evening, despite it being a bit blustery and chilly.