Saturday 21 November 2009

Hay Art Charter

It seems that the Le Crunch Art Festival at the Globe last weekend wasn't just a weekend of events that then gets forgotten (or, indeed, remembered fondly) - something more concrete has come out of it.
As far as I can make out from the article in the B&R, two 'curators of emerging talent', Pearce and Ramsey, have been talking to local art students about what constitutes art and what art means to them, and are now giving local artists the opportunity to be exhibited alongside famous modern artists (none of whom I've ever heard of, but I'm sure if someone is interested in modern art they would have heard of Richard Wentworth, tutor of Damien Hurst*).
King Richard has got in on the act by endorsing the charter, which has also been signed by Fiona Howard, Hay's Mayor.

*I have heard of Damien Hurst - I don't completely live down a hole when it comes to modern art!

No comments: