Monday 25 January 2010

Famous Resident on the Move

When I got an old copy of The Week recently, I noticed a page entitled "Houses with famous former occupants" - which tells me that one of Hay's famous residents, Sir Arnold Wesker, is moving house.
Blaendigeddi Uchaf, just outside Llanigon, near Hay, is on the market if anyone has £597,500 to spare, with amazing views of the Wye Valley, and a stream going through the grounds. Of course, being up in the hills, it can be difficult to get to in the snow!

Meanwhile, in Hay itself, the Hourglass Gallery is closed until April, and Backfold Books and Bygones is closed for refurbishment until March. Kilvert's is still being re-furbished, too, making it easier for customers to find the function room, I believe.

3 comments:

Eddie86 said...

We've actually re-opened, although there is still some work to be done (the back bar and decorating). These are on hold for the moment whilst the plaster sets fully and the design finalised (we only want to do this once!)

For more information and to keep up to date I've (tried to!) keep a blog at www.studentbrewer.blogspot.com

Cheers!
Ed

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Backfold Books hasn't shut down, as I had thought when I saw it empty. You are such a good source of information, Lesley!

Eigon said...

Thanks for the information, Eddie, and I'll check out your blog.

I was a bit worried when I saw Backfold Books empty - I like Alen and Jenny, and I didn't want to think that they'd had to give up, but they will be back!