Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snow

Along Castle Street this morning, a team from the Council were clearing the snow off the pavements with shovels and scrapers. Mr Golesworthy was out around Golesworthy's and the Granary, too. The roads are mostly clear, but the B&R didn't get through.
Meanwhile, Hay School is closed, only partly because of the snow - they also have a gas leak, which is being mended as I type.
Walking with Islay this evening, I saw the first proper snowman of the year, round at Booth Gardens, complete with cap and scarf, carrot nose and twiggy arms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Golesworthy cleans away his pavement every morning, really early! The first time I saw the clear pavement I thought there must be some kind of underpavement heating device! Then I saw him with the brush and extended my gratitude and admiration!