Sunday 2 May 2010

Waiting at the Corner...and Waiting...and Waiting....

When I went out this evening with the dog, there was a little cluster of people outside the Three Tuns wearing the sort of life jacket you get when you're canoeing. They'd been waiting an hour at that point for the lady from the Hollybush to pick them up in a minibus. They asked how far it was to walk, and I warned them it was a couple of miles of not terribly safe narrow road.
When I came back from the walk, they were still there, after several phone calls to try to find out what was going on. This time they were supposed to be waiting for a blue Vauxhall and a man called Gary. He arrived while I was standing there with them - about two hours after they were supposed to have been picked up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That does not surprise me at all. Look at tripadvisor.com to see how disgusting The Hollybush Inn really is !!