Monday 31 May 2010

More of Hay in the Festival

I walked up through town with William Shakespeare this morning. Well, really it was Tony from Birmingham dressed up as William Shakespeare, but he does look a lot like the real thing. He was off to mingle with the Festival crowds, just for fun.
As we parted company, a car pulled in and the egg lady leaned out. "Do you want any eggs this week?" she asked, and sold me half a dozen through the car window.
Later, I popped into Broad Street Books so that Islay could have her daily biscuit - she's been loving all the attention she's been getting - and Mary said that Gareth at the fish and chip shop had never had such a good weekend. There were certainly queues right out of the door every time I passed, and apparently there were five people in there serving - and it's not a huge counter.
Apart from that, I've been behind the counter all day, and met Irish, Welsh, Italians, Germans, Americans, and lots of English, including some who thought we were the official entrance to the Festival (no, that's further along the road - and a lot bigger!). It's been fun, and now my feet ache....

No comments: