Friday 26 November 2010

Special Council Meeting

I bumped into Shelley yesterday, and she asked me if I'd had a letter from the Town Council about a special meeting to discuss the Globe. I hadn't, so she photocopied her letter and dropped it round.
It's addressed to the residents neighbouring the Globe, in Heol-y-Dwr, Booth Gardens, Brook Street, Mill Bank, Newport Street and Broad Street. I dare say Mary (our Mayor) thought she'd see me over the weekend so she didn't need to drop a letter off - I have to drop in to Broad Street Books so Islay can have her daily biscuit(s) after all.
The meeting is "to discuss any issues relating to the Globe", and it will take place from 6.30pm to 7.30pm on Monday 6th December in the Council Chambers.
Because this is an official Council meeting, members of the public are not allowed to speak or comment during the meeting (it'll be held just before the usual monthly meeting of the Council). However, written submissions can be sent in, or dropped at the Council offices, as long as they are received by Monday 29th November. Representatives of the management of the Globe will be there to comment on any issues raised.
Which should be interesting - I intend to go along as an observer. One of my colleagues at work is a neighbour of the Globe, and is very much opposed to their continued existance.

No comments: