Monday 11 November 2013

Artisans at Hay

On Saturday the Artisans at Hay were in the Buttermarket. Shelley was there with her silk scarves, also looking after Richard Evans' prints; Jackie was there with the Castello de Haia soaps; there was a chap with wooden toys and a chap with wrought iron garden ornaments, and a potter.
A few days before, I'd dropped my metal trivet that I stand my hot pans on, and it cracked right across. I'd had a quick look round the charity shops for a replacement - and came away from the Red Cross Shop with a lovely jug decorated with ivy leaves instead. In fact, it was so lovely I went back for the plates that matched it the next day.
So there on the potter's stall was a round ceramic trivet, made (as he said) with his own fair hands. If it lasts as long as the last one, £12.50 is a bargain price!

No comments: