Friday 31 March 2017

Alas! Medieval Costumes No Longer Fit!

For the Independence Celebrations, costumes are encouraged, especially of book themed characters. So I thought I'd bring out my medieval costume and portray Matilda de Breos again, who is historical, Hay-related, and the star of Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine. So she covers pretty much all the bases.
It is some time since I last looked at my medieval costumes, since I haven't been doing much historical re-enactment lately.
None of them fit any more.
Well, I could get into the surcoat, if I wanted to portray a man, and the braies and leggings are one-size-fits-all, (that's the male underwear) but the dresses are all out of the question, and the undertunic is very tight around the arms, which is a pity because it's genuine vintage French linen.
They'll all have to go.

So if anyone wants 13th century costume, plus one Saxon tunic and one Viking dress, I will be selling them off at very reasonable rates! Also size six boots!

I am, however, keeping the chainmail and helmet, just in case....

No comments: