Saturday 4 June 2022

Street Food

 I've been indulging in some of the street food around town this week.  

I'd heard good reports of the Japanese stall outside Belmont House, but I haven't been by at the right time to try anything yet.

[Edited to add: I got up there at lunchtime on Saturday, and had a lovely meal with rice, pork and eggs]

The Kurdish-fusion food on Castle Street looked interesting, but everything seemed to have walnuts in it - I am not fond of walnuts.

Inside the Honesty gardens, though, I really enjoyed the Mexican stall.  I had the Mexican rice with garlic mushrooms, and it was delicious.

On another evening I went to the Hay Distillery stall and had their lamb koftu, which was also delicious.

Meanwhile, down at the Hay Distillery shop, next to the Cinema, the tables and chairs have spread across the grass beside the old Library, and they've opened up the little hatch in the side wall with a sign saying "Ring for Gin!"

No comments: