Saturday 11 November 2023

Linen Basket

 When I moved house, the one thing that the removal men broke was my plastic linen basket - which was old and brittle anyway so it didn't matter.  Everything else about the job they did was absolutely brilliant.  So I got a temporary Big Laundry Bag from Country Supplies until I could find something better.

In the last week or so, I started looking for a wicker linen basket to fit in the small space in the bathroom by the sink.  The prices at Jones' were a bit of an eye-opener, but they were too rigid for my purposes.  There was nothing quite the right size in Country Supplies.  

So on Thursday I went to the lady who sells baskets and sheepskins on the market, and she had just the thing.  Not too rigid, and with sturdy leather handles.  It's not wicker exactly, more a sort of woven grass, I think, and it fits the space perfectly!

No comments: