Monday 30 September 2024

Father Richard's CD

 I was meeting a friend outside the church this afternoon, and as I was a few minutes early I slipped inside.

On sale at the table at the back of the church is a new CD by Father Richard.  It's called Parish Notes and includes a variety of extemporisation on classical tunes, a couple of Jerome Kern tunes and some classical music - all for the organ, of course.  I'm playing it now in the background, and it's very good.  The price is £10.  

Father Richard's event at the Winter Festival, where he plays the organ for the silent film Metropolis, is already sold out, by the way, so the CD is a good way to get a flavour of his playing whenever you want!

While I was there I also picked up the latest issue of Way on High.  It was a bit of a surprise to see that they are commemorating the death of David Rees in 2000 - he was the vicar of Hay before Father Richard, and I knew him quite well.  It doesn't seem that long ago!

I also noticed that Father David is now the vicar of Clyro as well as Hay.  This is in addition to the churches at Llanigon and Capel-y-ffin, which have been looked after by the vicar of Hay for many years.

He also reported on the pilgrimage of Our Lady down the Wye, which was a great success.  They hope to make it an annual occurance.

No comments: