Sunday 18 March 2007

Preparing for the Festival (already)

I saw Marina last night, loading her car up ready to go to Malvern Flea Market. She said it was about time she showed willing, and started to empty her shop. She wants it to be mostly clear by the Festival, so she can open it as the Old Mad Cow Tea Rooms, to invited guests. She's keeping a pair of cow's horns on a shield to put up on the wall, and an ox skull is coming for the window.
She told me that Sage Femme has just moved out of one of the units in the Antique Centre, wanting more space, and I did notice that the Antique Centre is advertising for new unit holders.

Last night, my young man was celebrating St Patrick's Day in London with some Irish friends, so I said I'd join him in spirit by going down to the Crown and having a Guiness with Jameson chaser.
No-one in there was interested in St. Pat. The rugby was on, and it was Wales against England - and Wales was winning. The pub was full of Welshmen in rugby shirts hugging each other, and Englishmen pretending the game wasn't really important anyway.

No comments: