Monday 18 February 2008

Fairy Promises

Susy had her fairy party on Saturday, and it was great fun. People had put a lot of effort into their costumes, and there were a lot of multicoloured net tutu style skirts and some very impressive wings. My green tights arrived two days before the party (thanks for the uktights website, anonymous), and my young man brought his vampire fangs and his scary bloodshot albino contact lenses, which were much admired.
As the theme was fairies, the drinks table couldn't be complete without absinthe, the Green Fairy itself. Susy had provided some proper absinthe spoons, which are slatted. The idea is that you put a sugar lump on the spoon and drip water over it until it all dissolves into the glass of absinthe below. Mark has drunk absinthe at vampire parties in London, and showed an alternative method, where the sugar lump is drenched in absinthe and set alight. Later, a jug of Bohemian cocktail was made, which involves absinthe, pink champagne and other ingredients I'm a bit hazy on. I stuck to the pink champagne.
I took my Fairie Oracle cards, and told fortunes, which seemed to go down well. I got each person to choose three cards - and one couple each chose the same two cards, with only the last one different. I promise I shuffled the cards well!
It was nice to see Amo again, who had come over from Hereford, but a bit scary to realise that she's coming up to her fortieth birthday! I first met her when she was in her early twenties, and she doesn't look a lot different now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic evening! Would you tell my fortune? :-)

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

Eigon said...

It was great fun.
For the fortune telling, you sort of have to be in the same room, to pick the cards, but if you look for Brian Froud's Fairie Oracle site, you can have your fortune told online.

Thanks, by the way, for taking such lovely photos of my favourite city. They bring back lots of happy memories.