Thursday 21 February 2008

More roadworks in Brecon

Just as we thought the roads in the town centre had settled down, up they come again! It's not Brecon without roadworks everywhere! This time I think it's gas pipes.
While I was walking round Brecon, I passed the Ticking and Toile shop. They've recently set up a branch in Hay - but now the Brecon branch is closing down. The sign on the window said that some of the goods they make, like cushions and aprons and so on, will be available in Morgans, the antique shop on the Struet which always has wonderful things in it.
As I went down the Struet, I passed the bookshop which has been there since I first visited Brecon, many years ago - and it was well established then. No longer, sadly. When I looked in through the window the shelves were being cleared and boxes were being filled. The sign on their door said that 'Oh!', a gift shop which is presently situated on the road beneath the library, will be moving in soon.
It will still be possible to buy books in Brecon. Andrew Morton's second hand shop is still there, and new books of Welsh interest are available in the gift shop on the Bulwark, opposite the church. Still, it's always sad to see an independent bookseller closing down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a number of roadworks here in Norwich, too, and it's annoying when it slows down traffic and I need to be somewhere quickly.

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo