Wednesday 28 January 2009

Local Firm in Trouble

"Hey, have you heard about Likes?"
"No?"
"They've gone bust!"
"Never!"
Likes Garage was a well established business when I first came to Hay, on the site that is now occupied by De Breos Court's new houses. Like's landrover business moved out to Three Cocks. I discovered from the B&R this week that they also had a Renault dealership at Tredegar, which has already closed with the loss of 19 jobs. They also own an off-road driving centre called JV Like Off Road Experiences. The administrators were called in on Monday and they're trying, with the co-operation of Land Rover, to keep the business going.

1 comment:

Joy said...

It's my first recession in the UK and I find it disconcerting - hearing of a friend's friend losing their job. It's really time for belt tightening...

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comments.


joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
I, Woman