Monday 31 January 2011

Helping the Police with their Enquiries

Which sounds more dramatic than it really is! (Luckily, they don't yet suspect....but if I tell you, I shall have to kill you!)
I got a note through the front door from a local PC, investigating the theft of a pedal bike which was chained to railings on Newport Street over the weekend, asking if I knew anything.
I didn't, about that bike, but another bike disappeared on Broad Street the previous week, which obviously wasn't reported.
So it seems to be a time to lock up your pushbikes.

2 comments:

Police Constable Archibald Berkeley-Willoughby aka P.C. 49 said...

The Today programme on Radio 4 said there's a new web site www.police.uk where you can enter the name of your town, street or post code and it will give you "helpful information about crime and policing in the area". When I tried it this morning and typed in 'Hay-on-Wye' it came back with a message saying "Sorry, we couldn't find a policing area that matched your search".

No wonder that bike has gone! We're all doomed and living in an unpoliced area. Lock up your daughters, your valuables . . . and your bikes!

P.C.49 said...

Just in case you don't remember me! . . .

http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/pc49_2.wav