Friday 21 January 2011

Launderette price rise

I went up to the launderette this morning - and as soon as I stepped through the door, I realised I'd forgotten the change for the machines, so I had to go all the way home again, with Islay sitting in her trolley wondering what was going on.
The price for the machines went up yesterday, to £3 for a machine. The dryers have been set so that I now need £1.50 in 50 pences instead of £1, as well, for the same amount of drying time. It's fair enough, as the price hasn't gone up for some time. However, I was talking to another launderette customer, and she said that the machines have been eating people's money again - and since the sign board came down for the re-decoration, there is no phone number on display to ring if there's a problem. She told me she was advised to go down and complain to Gareth at the chip shop, as he's the county councillor.

3 comments:

Eddie86 said...

If you ever need change feel free to pop in and see us - always welcome for a coffee whilst you wait as well!

Eigon said...

What a nice man you are!
Mind you - how could I go for a coffee when there are so many good beers behind the bar to choose from?

Eddie86 said...

Thank you - it's nice to be nice! The porter from Otley goes on tomorrow. A strong one (6.6%) and a very deep ruby colour. Be sure to try some before I drink it all!