Friday 14 January 2011

Quiet Time

"Too darn quiet," as they used to say in the Westerns.
Standing outside Phil the Fruit's shop today, we looked up and down the street and saw no shoppers or tourists, and only a couple of local people who work here.
Last night in Kilvert's, there was me (I'd gone in to read my book while I sampled some of Breconshire Brewery's finest) and a group of people who seemed to be having a meeting, and no-one else.
The bookshops are deathly quiet - but I have managed to do a lot of shelving!
In short, nothing much is going on - Cotswold Collections is being re-painted to become Spirit of the Andes, Horsewise has the builders in to become the Lion Gallery, the Swan and the Globe are closed for a couple of weeks, and that's about it.

1 comment:

Julia Hergest-Ridgeley said...

"Phweee phwee phwee phweeeeee" (sound of idle whistling)