Friday 6 January 2012

Travellers' Club

I went over to the Community Support office, by the dentists' surgery, yesterday. This is where to go if you want to volunteer locally, or join the Credit Union, or - all sorts of other things.
I was there to join the Travellers' Club. I'd been aware of it, in a general way, for years - they do day trips and occasional weekends away, by coach. In WyeLocal this month, there was an article about the past year, and the year ahead for the Travellers' Club - and it mentioned that this year they were running a trip to Bamburgh Castle.
I've wanted to go to Bamburgh Castle for years. It's been used as a location for medieval films and TV for a long time - the location, on a broad, sandy beach, is superb.
So I've paid my £5 joining fee and shortly I'll get the list of trips - time to start saving up!

No comments: