Sunday 10 August 2014

Bryngwyn Church Fete

I had no idea I knew so many people involved with Bryngwyn Church! They took over the Buttermarket yesterday. I bought some focaccia from Kate the Bread, and the man with the pole lathe was working away, and there were a couple of people manning stalls of crockery and nick-nacks that I stopped to talk to on my way through. They even had tables set out with little vases of sweet peas, and were doing teas - and bacon buns which I was told were delicious.
Round at the Cheesemarket there was old furniture, interesting odds and ends and a lady with a spinning wheel selling hand spun and plant dyed wool. Freddie the cat had settled himself down on one of the chairs. Here's Freddie during the Hay Festival, making himself at home at one of the stalls in the market place.


Meanwhile this week, it's Brecon Jazz and the Sunday service on Radio 4 was broadcast from Brecon Cathedral, with jazz accompaniment. It was also the Steam Rally today - so it's a pity that the weather was so poor for it.

No comments: